50 days until the end of 2021. Time to look back on what has been and turn your thoughts to what is to come. The year 2021 offered the TORTOURISTI more than ever before! We were able to offer you, the ever-growing ultracycling community, two training camps and a proud total of three events.
As if the nostalgic thoughts of the nightly mountain pass crossings, the hugs of your relatives after crossing the finish line or the early morning race action on the gravel roads of the canton of Zurich were not strong enough to trigger your motivation for the racing year to come, we let the cat out of the bag today and open the registrations for all TORTOUR events of the year 2022.
But that’snot all: if you register for two events by the end of the year, you will receive 5% on the total amount refunded; if you register for all three events, you will even receive 10%!
True to the motto: “Anticipation is the best joy!”, you will find below an overview of the innovations of the 2022 editions. We are looking forward to your registrations!
TORTOUR Ultracycling from 18th – 20th August 2022
- New route (1,000 kilometers, 14,500 meters of climbing).
- New category “Open” with five to eight participants per team
- Tactical finesses are the responsibility of the teams: changing is only allowed at the timestations. The choice about who is contesting how many sections may in future be determined by the team itself.
- All the way to the western tip of Switzerland: The Challenge route leads over the Jaun Pass to Nyon and then through the Seeland and the Mittelland back to Zurich.
- All offered categories may be contested accompanied or unaccompanied.
- Challenge TTT: Can you convince your seven colleagues to join you on a hell ride through Switzerland?
- “Never change a winning team! The route, which was ridden for the first time this year, convinced the participants and us as organizers. We are curious if you will manage to beat your own time from this year…
- Night riding mode – the trademark of the TORTOUR: The sprint category will again enjoy night riding at the 14th edition in 2022
You can find all details about the courses, categories and prices under race formats.
TORTOUR Gravel from 28 – 30 October 2022
- No more prologue on Friday afternoon, but a warm-up-ride with our professional athletes as tour guides. Because we believe that the stressful work week must be forgotten and the funniest weekend of the year duly ushered in.
- Race format “Enduro”: In addition to the proven mode of racing, the “Enduro classification” will be offered for the first time in 2022. Enjoy the ride with like-minded people and compete on different, shorter segments.
TORTOUR Gravel 200 am 24. and 25 June 2022
Meeting point: Zurich – Start: St. Moritz – Finish: Zurich
- The ride “without timing” from the Engadine to the lowlands enters its second edition
- Joint arrival and overnight stay in St. Moritz, followed by an unforgettable gravel ride over the most beautiful gravel roads in Switzerland.
Get a taste for big challenges. Then now is the time to get the bikes out of the garage again, start training and sign up for our TORTOUR events.
We look forward to seeing you and wish you a good winter.